About Antigua and Barbuda
Antigua and Barbuda is a twin-island country located in the Eastern Caribbean Sea. It is a tropical paradise with clear blue waters and over 365 beaches (one for each day of the year).
With a year-round temperate climate, Antigua and Barbuda is a popular tourist destination. The country is also known for hosting the famous maritime event ‘Antigua Sailing Week.’
Antigua and Barbuda have been an independent Commonwealth state since 1981, and it is a member of several international organisations such as the United Nations (UN), the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), and the Organisation of American States (OAS).
The Government of Antigua and Barbuda offers a generous tax legislation and an attractive business environment.
Situated in the middle of the Leeward Islands, Antigua and Barbuda is on the border between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
Antigua and Barbuda’s international airport is located in the nation’s capital, St John’s. It allows direct access to the island from the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
Citizenship by Investment
Inaugurated in 2013, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme is one of the world’s newest economic programmes. Applicants and their families may acquire citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda in exchange for a significant contribution to the country.
Applicants for the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Programme must fulfill the following conditions:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be of good character
- Have no criminal record
- Pass a detailed background check
- Be able to provide proof of source of funds
- Be healthy
- The main applicant is required to spend a minimum of 5 days on Antigua and Barbuda over a period of 5 years. All 5 days can be spent on either of the islands at the end of the 5-year period. This requirement is suspended due to Covid-19 travel restrictions until 31 August 2022.
Investors may apply with their spouse and dependent children, and, in some cases, dependent elderly parents or grandparents.
- Full citizenship status
- Minimal requirement to visit Antigua and Barbuda after citizenship is granted: 5 days in a period of 5 years
- No interview requirement
- No English language requirement
- Low processing fees
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Social and political security
- Global mobility
- No foreign income, capital gains, gift, or inheritance tax
- Stable economy