DOMINICA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMME
About the Commonwealth of Dominica
The Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme is offered by the Commonwealth of Dominica, which is an island-country in the Caribbean Sea.
Dominica is known as the ‘Nature Isle of the Caribbean’ due to its unspoiled natural beauty. It is covered in rainforest and mountainous peaks, and has three hundred rivers, countless waterfalls, and 148 km (91 miles) of coastline. Dominica also holds the world’s second-largest thermally active lake.
After a long history of French and British rule, the island gained independence from Great Britain in 1978. Dominica is a parliamentary democracy with a President as the Head of State. The country is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the United Nations (UN), the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), the Organization of American States (OAS), and the International Organization of La Francophonie.
With its easy lifestyle and friendly community, the island of Dominica has been named as one of the world’s happiest places to live. In addition, this tropical paradise has a vibrant culture, with both European and African traditions.
Dominica is located between the Caribbean Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean, approximately halfway between Puerto Rico and Trinidad and Tobago.
The island can be reached from the United States and Europe through short stopovers in Antigua (ANU), Barbados (BGI), St Maarten (SXM), Puerto Rico (SJU), Guadeloupe (PTP), and Martinique (FDF).
Dominica Citizenship by Investment Programme
Launched in 1993, Dominica’s Citizenship by Investment (CBI) programme has been ranked as the number one CBI initiative for six consecutive years by the CBI Index. This is a ranking system published by the Financial Times Professional Wealth Management (PWM) magazine.
Dominica’s CBI programme focuses on the overall quality and integrity of its applicants, as it only accepts individuals of outstanding character and repute. To ensure only credible persons of excellent standing are granted citizenship, comprehensive due diligence checks are performed on all applicants 16 years of age or over.
All applicants 16 years of age or over will be required to attend a mandatory interview.
A main applicant for the Dominica CBI Programme must fulfil the following conditions:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be of good character
- Have no criminal record
- Pass a detailed background check
- Be able to provide proof of source of funds
- Be healthy
Investors may apply with their spouse and dependent children, and, in some cases, dependent elderly parents or grandparents.
Benefits of Dominica Citizenship
As well as the many advantages of living in Dominica, Dominica citizenship confers many benefits in its own right. These include:
- Citizenship for life, with the right to live and work in the country
- Ability to pass on citizenship to future generations
- Right to hold dual citizenship
- No requirement to visit Dominica before, during, or after application
- No English language requirement
- Low processing fees
- Fast processing time
- No foreign income, capital gains, gift, and inheritance tax
There are two investment options for citizenship by investment in Dominica:
- A one-time contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF)
- A real estate investment in an Approved Project
THE ECONOMIC DIVERSIFICATION FUND (EDF)
Applicants can make a substantial contribution to the Economic Diversification Fund (EDF), a government fund that supports socio-economic initiatives in Dominica. Due diligence and processing fees apply.
- Main applicant: US$ 100,000
- Main applicant and spouse: US$ 150,000
- Main applicant and up to three dependants: US$ 175,000
- Each additional dependant under 18: US$ 25,000
- Each additional dependant aged 18 or over: US$ 50,000
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT IN AN APPROVED PROJECT
Under the real estate option, applicants are required to make a real estate investment in an Approved Project. This must be held for a minimum of three years. The minimum required investment under the Real Estate Investment Option is US$ 200,000. The following Government Fees apply:
- Main applicant:US$ 25,000
- Main applicant and up to three dependants: US$ 35,000
- Main applicant and up to five dependants: US$ 50,000
- Each additional dependant: US$ 25,000